We are NOT affiliated with any government agency

What if I disagree with the decision made on my appeal?

What if I disagree with the decision made on my appeal?

If you disagree with the redetermination decision, you have the right to ask for a second level appeal, called a reconsideration. You should read the redetermination decision carefully because it will explain how to ask for a reconsideration. A Qualified Independent Contractor (QIC) that didn't take part in the first appeal makes the reconsideration decision.You can also write a letter. Your written request must include the following information:

  • Your name
  • Your Medicare Health Insurance Claim (HIC) number on your red, white and blue Medicare card
  • The specific service and/or items for which a redetermination is being requested
  • The date(s) of service
  • Your signature or the signature of your authorized or appointed representative
Medicare Appeals



MedicareHop.com is not affiliated with the US goverment Medicare service.
Privacy Policy.